coming home

 # Coming Home


It took time, but I've come around

All I can say is sorry now

Lost in this world, feeling alone

Had some work to do, sins to atone


My spirit adrift without a home

Making mistakes, moving alone

I'm coming home, no longer to roam

Surrounded by those unknown


Going through life without a place

Finding the love that I need

Been gone much too long, I concede

So home is waiting for me


Passion once cruel, now divine

I came back to you in my own time

You altered my worldview, refined

Growing in faith, mission aligned


Knowing this is where I belong

Something within me said it's time

So I am coming home, no longer to pine

My salvation awaits, no longer to roam


He has forgiven all my mistakes

I'm coming home, no longer alone

I go to where he resides

I've arrived, and my soul thrives


The chills I feel bring me to life

United through words, I feel his light

Telling the old me "no more"

Time to go on to the place made for me


All I can say is thank you for grace

Salvation fits well on me

I'm coming home, where I belong

My heart sings a redemption song

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here I am

I choose you

upward