I choose you


I chose you

It's been a minute since I had a boo so I talked to you 

But I had my guard up thinking something was off 

Since they always said you're the likable guy

But my mind just couldn’t comprehend it, so to me, it was a lie

Just sitting and waiting for the other shoe to drop, always on edge

Didn't you hear the respectful guys marry off quick

or at least are everybody’s first pick, they are at the top of everyone’s list

So society has helped me create a jaded lens which is how I see all men

it's a sad statement but very true I know I can only trust a few

Life, trials, and time have all but worked against you

So I pick my fights and take my space manufacturing moments for you to stay away

But you were persistent and fought through it all

You said your instinct drew you to me

Initially, I thought stalker please stay away from me

But quickly realized what I would lose 

I saw the good dude you had in you

So I empowered you,  since that day I learned so much

But I found the right person when I chose you



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A forgotten love

Scars left