wheeling freedom

 Wheeling Freedom


My first car in one word meant freedom

An understanding of my movements being less limited

Asking for a ride here or there I could go as I pleased

The independence of riding with my friends to the mall.

Laughing, enjoying, and riding with my friends, while plotting on the night ahead

Sneaking to my boyfriend’s house nights on end

Not having to ask for a ride for tasks mundane

Moving through my activities on my own terms

Driving for no reason just because I can explore the land

Until I understood the cost of gas and mileage slowly became the boss

Whether dirt roads, freeway, or driving the city streets, I was always enjoying the drive

The one thing I hated was sweltering summer days 

because back in those moments the air condition felt ablaze

Insurance cost a little high

My first used car gave me a sense of pride

So, with fond memories, I do still reflect

Getting the wrong person to repair you led to your demise

The joy that beautiful white heap brought me was an enormous surprise


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A forgotten love

Scars left